Utility assistance may be provided to a bookseller only when a shut-off notice has been issued and the household may lose an essential utility (gas, heating oil or electric service only). Binc understands that quick action is needed to prevent a utility shut-off. We strive to review bookseller requests confidentially and expediently.
Qualifications for providing or maintaining essential utility service:
- Financial assistance will only cover the amount needed to prevent shut-off.
- Eligibility and need will be based on the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) guidelines set by the U.S. government.
- Applicant must have made a good faith effort to stay current on the utility bill
Additional documents required for Utility Shut-off
- Official utility shut-off notice (not a past due notice)
- Most current utility bill statement
To access the expedited application form in Word click here (Word).