The Book Industry Charitable (Binc) Foundation is partnering with Books by Chance to turn your extra books, CDs and DVDs into cash to help booksellers in need. You can donate your books to the Binc Foundation, get a tax deduction and when the books are sold, Binc will receive the funds.
It’s easy, here is how to get started:
1. Check out the Books by Chance website to review their donation guidelines.
2. Box up your books, CDs and DVDs to donate (remember to put a sticky note on author signed or “special” books).
3. Label each box clearly with this information (or print out our handy donation form):
a. Your name
b. Your email address
c. Your phone number
d. “Donation to Binc Foundation”
4. Fill out a one-time “Consignment Contract”
5. Drop off your donation at Encore Online Resale at 1958 S. Industrial
If you live within the Ann Arbor city limits, call Books by Chance for a pickup.
That’s it! As easy as that, you will have more shelf space, and Binc will receive 35% of whatever the books sell for.