The Tuesday after Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday is Giving Tuesday, an international day dedicated to generosity and giving back. On Tuesday, November 29th, the world will again come together to “get out the give” and support hundreds of charitable organizations by donating money and time to promote nonprofits that are important to them and the individuals they support.
Our Board of Directors have pooled their “extra” gifts this year to create a dollar for dollar* matching gift. Your donation will literally go twice as far on Giving Tuesday. Starting November 29th through December 15th our board will match your gift, doubling your donation.
How can you make sure your gift goes twice as far on Giving Tuesday?
Bestselling author, bookstore owner and Binc Co-Ambassador, Ann Patchett, supports Binc because we are the only not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping bookstore employees in need across the country. Find out more about Ann’s support of Binc:
Binc helps keep booksellers in their jobs, in their families and in their homes by:
- Keeping bookstores open
- Covering evacuation, lodging or food and water expenses for a bookseller impacted by a disaster
- Providing professional development scholarships for booksellers looking to enhance their business
- Paying to safely house a bookseller who is escaping a situation of domestic violence
- Providing financial assistance for booksellers in need of emergency surgery
- Preventing a bookseller from becoming homeless by stopping eviction
- Providing higher education scholarships
The more people that know about our Foundation, the more funds we will be able to raise to help booksellers. Here’s how:
- Follow us on social media and share what you see
- Let your colleagues and friends know about how their donation to Binc can help booksellers
- Write a review for Binc on the Great Nonprofits website
- Share your story. Have you received a grant from Binc? Share your experience to let others know how the Foundation helped you. Send us a blog post!
As always, the most important thing is…
Giving Tuesday was created to celebrate generosity and giving. The most important thing you can do on Giving Tuesday is to support the nonprofit organizations that are special to you, and that you feel make the world a better place. There is no better reason to give.
On November 29th, we hope you’ll join the #GivingTuesday movement and will generously donate to help Binc continue to support booksellers in need.
*Gifts matched up to $3,700.