Loss of household income due to partner or spouse job loss

A sudden financial hardship due to the loss of regular household income may be caused by the involuntary job loss by a bookseller’s spouse or partner. When a bookseller experiences loss of income for this reason, the Book Industry Charitable Foundation may provide financial assistance to help cover basic living expenses for up to three months, if there is sufficient evidence that financial equilibrium will be achieved during that period.

Additional documents required for job loss by partner or spouse:

  1. Job separation paperwork
  2. Unemployment filing paperwork or benefits letter
  3. Final pay stub from the employer prior to the job loss

Apply Now   Instructions

To access the application form in Word click here (Word).