Loss of household income due to divorce or separation

A sudden financial hardship due to the loss of regular household income can be caused by divorce or legal separation, or the loss of court mandated support. Assistance may be available to help cover basic living expenses for up to three months if there is sufficient evidence that financial equilibrium will be achieved during that period.

Event Documentation

  1. Divorce decree or affidavit of separation (can also be a mediation agreement)
  2. Court ordered child support benefit documentation (if applicable)
  3. Current lease or mortgage statement (if asking for help with rent or mortgage)
  4. Copies of essential household bills for Binc to consider for payment

Financial Documentation

  1. Recent pay stubs or income statements for all adults in the household
  2. Recent checking and savings statements for all adults in the household


After receiving the application, Binc will be in contact to discuss your current circumstances and to request additional documents as needed.