Loss of household income due to emergency child or elder care

A sudden financial hardship due to the loss of regular household income can be caused by the need for emergency child or elder care. Assistance may be available to help cover basic living expenses if there is sufficient evidence that the employee has lost 50% or more scheduled weekly income and the request is made within 90 days of the qualifying event. The bookseller must be the parent or legal guardian of the child or the primary caregiver of the elder.

Event Documentation

  1. Verification of emergency need (Doctor’s confirmation of sickness or essential care needed, confirmation of school closure)
  2. Confirmation of work schedule from employer
  3. Current lease or mortgage statement (if asking for help with rent or mortgage)

Financial Documentation

  1. Recent pay stubs or income statements for all adults in the household
  2. Recent checking and savings statements for all adults in the household


After receiving the application, Binc will be in contact to discuss your current circumstances and to request additional documents as needed.