Our fall travel marathon to the regional IBA conferences wrapped up in Denver with the Mountains & Plains Independent Booksllers Association. The weather was great, the people were friendly, the vendors were having a good time and here are some highlights of the conference.
Top Ten Highlights of MPIBA
1. MPIBA’s announcement that they have raised over $100,000 for literacy grants in their region.
2. So many raised hands at the General Meeting when I asked “How many of you know about Binc?”
3. Meeting very interested reps from W.W. Norton and Random House. Eager to help spread the word about Binc to the stores they call on. We have armed them with flyers and more!
4. Visiting Denver bookstores – from the large and iconic like Tattered Cover to the smaller and intimate like Gallagher’s.
5. Hearing that MPIBA had 16 new exhibitors at this year’s show.
6. Seeing our orange ribbons on so many booksellers badges. It let me know “at-a-glance” who I had spoken with.
7. The boundlessly energetic Kathy Keel, MPIBA’s fabulous Project Manager.
8. Perseus’ great sense of humor & the best sign in the show!
9. Seeing the booksellers interest in the NeedyMeds program and our Drug Discount Card. Download yours today!
10. Spending time with my brother and sister-in-law and enjoying Denver’s wealth of beauty and entertainment. If you need a fun vacation – this is the spot.
Post by Kit Steinaway, Office Manager, Binc Foundation (and world traveler)