The Tuesday after Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday is Giving Tuesday, an international day dedicated to generosity and giving back. On Tuesday, December 2nd the world will again come together to “get out the give” and support hundreds of charitable organizations by donating money and time to promote nonprofits that are important to them and the individuals they support.
Our Board will Double Your Donation on Giving Tuesday
The Binc Foundation is participating in Giving Tuesday to kick off our end of year fundraising campaign. Our Board of Directors has generously agreed to a Board Matching Challenge matching all donations up to $3,020. Your donation will literally go twice as far on Giving Tuesday.
How you can help.
- Keep the lights and heat on for a bookseller and their family during the cold winter months
- Provide a higher education scholarship to give booksellers and their dependents an opportunity to reach for the stars
- Help keep a bookstore open
- Cover evacuation, lodging or food and water expenses for a bookseller impacted by a disaster
- Provide a professional development scholarship for a bookseller looking to enhance their business
- Pay to safely house a bookseller who is escaping a situation of domestic violence
- Provide financial assistance for a bookseller in need of emergency surgery
- Prevent a bookseller from becoming homeless by staving off eviction
2. Spread the word. The more people that know about our campaign, the more funds we will be able to raise. Here’s how:
- Follow us on social media and share what you see
- Let your colleagues and friends know about Giving Tuesday and how their donation to Binc can help booksellers
- Write a review for Binc on the Great Nonprofits website
- Share your story. Have you received a grant from Binc? Share your experience to let others know how the Foundation helped you. Send us a blog post!
The most important thing
Giving Tuesday was created to celebrate generosity and giving. The most important thing you can do on Giving Tuesday is to support the organizations that are special to you, and that you feel make the world a better place. There is no better reason to give.
On December 2nd, we hope you’ll join the Giving Tuesday movement and will generously donate to help Binc continue to support booksellers in need.