Did you see the Shelf Awareness story about bookseller Chuck Robinson’s upcoming 2400-mile bike ride, which is a fundraiser for the Book Industry Charitable Foundation?
Chuck co-owns Village Books in Bellingham, WA with his wife Dee Robinson, which they have run for 35 years. He’s also a sustaining contributor to the Binc Foundation, and is supporting Binc on his ride because “it has been instrumental in helping booksellers who have suffered hardships or emergencies, and in providing scholarships for higher education. It’s a great foundation – and a way for booksellers and friends to help booksellers.” Since 1996, Binc has provided more than $5.2 million to more than 6,900 families. The Foundation was imagined and built by booksellers and proudly continues to be their safety net.
Will you please help us spread the word about Chuck’s ride on Twitter and Facebook over the next eight weeks? The ride started on Monday, June 15 in Bellingham, WA and will end on Monday, August 17 in Galva, Illinois where Chuck will attend his 50th high school reunion. There will be plenty of updates on his progress and opportunities to cheer him on, to encourage booksellers and other book lovers to pledge their support. Here’s how you can help:
- On Twitter, please follow @VillageBksBham and @BincFoundation for updates on Chuck’s progress, retweet our posts and cheer for Chuck on his ride
- On Facebook, please follow Village Books in Fairhaven and Book Industry Charitable Foundation by clicking “like” on our pages
- Please share our posts with your followers and encourage them to donate!
- Consider making your own pledge to Chuck’s fundraiser and Binc!
- Check Chuck’s ride blog for updates!
Thanks so much for reading this far – and for considering this request!