The Binc Foundation will be taking our show on the road in Fall 2012! Catch us at the many stops we will be making around the country to introduce ourselves to booksellers at the regional IBA conferences.
Now you may be asking yourself, who is the Binc Foundation & what can they do for me as a bookseller? Here are 11 great reasons to get to know us:
1. We have been helping bookstore employees facing emergency financial hardships since 1996.
2. If you stop by our booth at one of the IBA conferences you can enter our raffle for a $100 AmEx giftcard. Just for entering the raffle you will receive a Binc Foundation magnet.
3. Binc Foundation offers scholarships for higher education each year in February. The program is open to bookstore employees, bookstore owners and their dependents.
4. We love books and are dedicated to helping indie bookstores.
5. At the MPIBA trade show 9/20/12 – 9/23/12 stop by our booth (#11) to meet our newest board member Lori Tucker-Sullivan of the Independent Booksellers Consortium.
6. At the Heartland Fall Forum the joint tradeshow for GLIBA & MIBA, the Binc Foundation will be the beneficiary of the funds raised from their annual silent auction held on Friday, October 5th.
7. We have a great tag line “Book people helping book people”.
8. If you live in the east, stop by and visit us at NAIBA (Booth#55B) in Washington or NEIBA (Booth #D35) in Providence. Register for our raffle and take home some information.
9. At the PNBA show Pam our Executive Director will provide an information learning session about the Binc Foundation on Saturday, 10/13 at 10:30 a.m.
10. At the end of the Fall conference season all booksellers who have entered our raffle will be eligible for our grand prize award of a scholarship to ABA’s Wi8 in Kansas City.
11. Binc Foundation exists to strengthen the bookselling community through charitable programs that support employees and their families.
We hope to meet you soon. Please leave a comment if we can plan to see you in Denver, Minneapolis, Tacoma, Washington DC, San Francisco or Providence.
Pam, Alison & Kit