The cost of a funeral and burial may cause an immediate financial emergency when a family does not have the funds or insurance to cover the expenses. Binc understands the impact of losing a loved one and provides grants to pay the basic funeral and burial expenses of an immediate family member*. While beliefs and traditions regarding funerals and burials vary widely; the Foundation will be sensitive to these beliefs and traditions while also balancing overall assistance.
Considered expenses include:
- Transportation of the deceased from the death site to the funeral service site
- Embalming or burial preparation of the deceased
- A casket or urn
- Basic services of the funeral home, staff, and/or clergy
- Burial – basic expenses
*Immediate family member is defined as spouse, same-sex domestic partner, child, stepchild, mother, father or the bookseller them-self.
Additional documents required for Funeral Expenses
1) Death certificate of deceased family member
2) Receipts for funeral and burial expenses
To access the application form in Word click here (Word).